Warehouse Receiver (Head Office)
Avron Distribution is a proudly Canadian company launched in 1994 which has grown to have thriving locations in Concord, Vancouver and Montreal. We are a leader in our industry and greatly improve the lives of Canadians by supplying a wide variety of products to facilities for children and seniors. Our products include food, educational and multi-sensory resources for all ages and abilities.
We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Receiver that wants to join a successful, growing Canadian company for a long future!
Full-time long-term Receiver opportunity - Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
Why Join Us:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits and RRSP program
- New, clean, organized working environment
- Outstanding company culture of teamwork, individual recognition
- Opportunities for advancement
We are seeking an enthusiastic warehouse receiver to be a strong contributor on our Warehouse Receiving team. The focus for you in this role is to receive, inspect and verify shipments, as well as execute sorting and stocking of shelves with new items.
Day to day:
- Receive and unload incoming shipments (approximately 10-15 per day), utilizing a Narrow Aisle Reach Truck, walkie pallet truck and/or pallet jacks
- Verify received shipments against paperwork for accuracy; inspect for damages
- Report product issues and/or quantity discrepancies to Purchasing Manager
- Break down and label received boxes from shipments and store in appropriate bin locations
- Replenish product from overstock
- Maintain forklift equipment ie battery fluid, execute charging cycles
- General warehouse duties as needed
- Narrow Aisle Forklift/Raymond Reach Certification
- 3+ years of warehouse receiver experience
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Basic math skills
- Good English verbal/written communication skills
- Dedicated, reliable, motivated and self-driven individual
- Dependable team player that works well with others in a professional manner