Reindeer Figurine - Christmas Craft
1. With a piece of Cardboard, draw out a 2 rectangles (1.5" x 2"), 2 ovals (1" x 1.5"), 2 small circles (0.5" x 0.5"), and 2 antler shapes. Cut out all these pieces.
2. Colour the 2 ovals with a light brown marker, the 2 antlers a dark brown and the 2 small circles red. Set a side these pieces for now.
3. Take some newspaper and squish into a rectangular shape that should fit in between the 2 rectangular cardboard pieces you cut out earlier. The rectangular pieces and the newspaper in between will look like a sandwich shape. Use masking tape to cover the rectangular cardboard sandwich all over.
4. Once your cardboard sandwich is covered in tape to creating a solid surface you can decorate this piece.
5. Now that all your pieces are decorated, we can start assembling the Reindeer. The cardboard sandwich will be the body of the Reindeer. Take an oval cardboard piece and glue to the top corner of the Reindeer's body to create it's head. Glue the second oval to the other side of the Reindeer's body.
6. Glue the antler pieces onto either side of your Reindeer's head and then glue the small red circles to the end of the head to create a Reindeer nose.
7. Your Reindeer is almost done! It will need to stand on its own. Trim down two Bamboo Sticks for the Reindeer's legs. You will need them to be around 2 inches long. When the Bamboo Sticks are equal lengths push into the bottom of the body.
8. Finish up your Reindeer by pushing the bamboo sticks into a long rectangular piece of clay to create a base and you're all done!
Shop online today at www.avron.ca for your Craft Supplies!