St. Patrick's Day Crafts: Paper Plate Rainbow
Cute, whimsical, and colourful. Kids will love creating this adorable little paper plate rainbow, featuring a fluffy cloud!
You Will Need:
- Uncoated Paper Plates
- Tissue Paper-Assorted Colours
- Elmer's School Glue
- Cotton Balls - White
1. Takiing your tissue paper, cut out strips using each colour of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple). Each strip will measure 2cm in width, and about 30cm in length.
2. Cut your paper plate in half.
3. Using the glue, apply it along the paper plate, and stick on your cotton balls, until the one side is completely covered.
4. Take your strips, and glue them to the back of the paper plate. I spaced them out a bit so the whole back was covered.
5. Take your twine and attach a piece to the back, so you can hang it up!
It's now complete! You can always make your strips of paper longer so it can flow more in the wind, it all depends on your preference.
It's also totally optional to glue the cotton balls right to the edge of the plate. I feel it looks a lot cleaner and more like a cloud when it's competely covered.
Have a great St. Patrick's Day and happy crafting!