Avron Distribution is a proudly Canadian company launched in 1994 which has grown to have thriving locations in the GTA, Vancouver, and Montreal. We are a leader in our industry and greatly improve the lives of Canadians by supplying a wide variety of products to facilities for children and seniors. Our products include food, educational and multi-sensory resources for all ages and abilities. We also specialize in permanent and mobile solutions to promote learning, cognitive, and physical development. Learn more at avron.ca.
At Avron our highest priority is delighting our customers with quality service, attained by efficiently managed organizational and supply chain efforts. To help maintain and grow this standard, we’re seeking an experienced operations manager to oversee daily activities in our BC branch. As an ideal candidate, you’ll have a sharp business mind and proven success in managing maximum productivity and efficiency. Additionally, you’ll display a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within your team. Your ultimate responsibility is to increase our operational standards and provide a five-star experience to our customers..
- Maintain constant communication with your front and back of house teams to ensure proper operations of the organization
- Understand what a five-star customer service experience means and has experience in customer relationships
- Take full ownership of managing our customer service, warehouse, inventory, logistics and support our account management and sales efforts
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives
- Track staffing requirements, hiring new employees as needed
- Build and report on the key performance metrics of your department to show the pulse of our operation
- Lead, motivate and support a team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment, including setup and implementation of career development plans for all direct reports and problem resolution
- Manage timely data collection to update operations metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent customer service
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Partner with cross-functional support teams in improving the tools, processes, and systems
- Take ownership of our safety and security departments to make sure activities remain compliant
- Oversee product and inventory management
- You will be working closely with head office leadership in Ontario.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years’ proven experience in an operations management position with leadership experience.
- Supply chain, warehouse, and inventory and shipping experience
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control of operations
- Highly trained in conflict management and negotiation processes
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of management software programs
- Strong IT skills
- Multiple years of reporting experience
Job Type: Full-time
Shift: 12:00pm – 8:30pm
Location: Avron Distribution - Concord, ON