Looking for a rewarding career where you can make a real difference in the lives of Canadian communities?
Join Avron, a proudly Canadian company that has been in business for over 25 years and continues to achieve a healthy growth plan. With thriving locations in Concord, Vancouver, and Montreal, we are leaders in in the childcare industry and supply a wide variety of products including food, educational resources, and multi-sensory equipment.
At Avron, we have an outstanding company culture of teamwork, individual recognition, and opportunity. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits and RRSP program to ensure that our employees are well taken care of.
We also provide opportunities for advancement and are committed to helping our employees grow and achieve their career goals.
Apply now and discover the many benefits of working for Avron!
Link to Indeed Profile:
Avron, the leading Canadian distributor serving childcare communities, is seeking a high-achieving, proactive, and ambitious Marketing Manager to help propel our brand and business to greater heights. In 2022, educational supply firm Avron was acquired by Brault & Bouthillier, a longstanding organization (since 1944) serving children's learning needs. With an extensive range of educational products and services, a seasoned team, and offices across Canada, Brault & Bouthillier, now with Avron, strengthens its market position and enhances its commitment to fostering children's education nationwide. Learn more: www.avron.ca
The Marketing Manager will be instrumental in amplifying our brand image, crafting compelling brand narratives, driving strategic marketing initiatives, and expanding our customer reach. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this role is based in our Concord office. The role will align Avron's brand objectives with sister brands, coordinating with corporate office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Strategize, design, and deliver a bi-annual 500-page product catalogue, showcasing our wide product range and highlighting our commitment to quality and diversity. 2. Generate bi-monthly 12–16-page flyers that feature new products, promotional offers, and innovative solutions, targeting our diverse customer segments. 3. Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive go-to-market communication calendar in alignment with key events and milestones, aimed at achieving and surpassing specified KPIs. 4. Oversee the creation and deployment of dynamic digital assets with the support of our internal team and external agency, to expand our online presence and enhance our digital marketing efforts. 5. Utilize customer insights and market trends to inform the development of impactful marketing campaigns and initiatives. 6. Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to align marketing efforts with business goals, ensuring consistent messaging across all channels. 7. Develop and monitor key performance metrics to measure and optimize the success of marketing initiatives. 8. Manage and optimize the marketing department budget to ensure best use of resources; build internal team and/or external partner resources. 9. Collaborate with Corporate Office to align Avron’s brand objectives with those of its sister brands.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a strategic marketing role, preferably in the B2B or distribution sectors. 2. Proven success in leading impactful marketing campaigns and initiatives. 3. Robust project management skills and attention to detail. 4. A creative vision and excellent design skills, with the ability to craft and communicate compelling brand stories. 5. Proficiency in digital marketing tools and platforms, and experience in managing external agency relationships. 6. Demonstrated ability to use data and analytics to inform strategy and decision-making. 7. Impeccable communication skills (both oral and written). 8. University degree and/or college diploma in marketing and/or related field. 9. Bilingual (English/French) is an asset.
We are seeking a forward-thinking, resilient leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a profound respect for the traditions that have made Avron a market leader, while being able to challenge the status quo, embrace change, and strive for continuous improvement. Very comfortable in a fast pace entrepreneurial environment, comfortable with ambiguity. Ideal candidate should embody our values: 1. Initiative/Rigour: Show professional ethics, deliver quality work on time and budget, be meticulous and accountable, with a strong results orientation. 2. Service: Proactively assist clients and partners. Emphasize openness, courtesy, respect, and prompt response. Exceptional customer service is paramount. 3. Innovation: Strive for excellence, suggest creative solutions, contribute to organizational evolution, and process improvement. Every idea, big or small, can drive progress.
Opportunities and Benefits:
As part of a larger group, Avron offers exciting opportunities for career advancement and growth within the wider business environment. We are committed to supporting our employees' professional development and encourage lifelong learning.
If you're ready to embrace a rewarding role in a company with ambitious growth plans, we would love to hear from you. Apply with your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and your interest in this unique opportunity.At Avron, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference, helping us care for those who care for our communities.
Avron Canada, a pioneering Canadian enterprise, proudly serves the childcare, educational, and long-term care sectors. With a 29-year legacy, our mission is to enhance holistic child development by providing superior educational, playful, and pedagogical resources, including food, arts & crafts, furniture, sensory, disposables, and personal protective equipment.
Our location in Vaughan, Ontario, bolsters our nationwide operations, extending services to schools, childcares, and camps in both official languages. As a part of the B&B Group, Avron operates alongside distinguished divisions such as BB.ca, Louise Kool & Galt (LKG), Bridges Canada, Ilo307, and Demco en Couleurs. We ship 400,000+ packages annually from our multiple distribution centers, with the primary one sprawling across 80,000 sq ft in Vaughan, ON.
The Operations Manager will report to the General Manager at Avron and on a dotted line to the Operations Director at BB, managing an extensive portfolio including customer service, warehousing, order preparation, and logistics for our fleet operation in the Avron division. This role encompasses fostering the division's growth strategies, leading a robust team of 50+ personnel, maintaining building operations, and advocating for operational excellence.
As an Operations Manager, you will optimize operational costs while ensuring stellar customer service, manage and execute the company's operating budget, and oversee contracts with carriers and external warehousing partners. You will ensure the integrity of product inventory in collaboration with the Divisional Controller and finance teams, focusing on inventory control, protection, and evaluation processes. Furthermore, you will assist in the strategic growth and development of the operations team.
1. Oversee warehouse, fleet management, and customer service activities. 2. Supervise a team of managers and supervisors. 3. Guarantee corporate objectives are met within your department. 4. Coordinate with external and internal stakeholders to form productive business partnerships. 5. Standardize and optimize all operations. 6. Implement a culture of continuous improvement. 7. Integrate modernization technologies in operations. 8. Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) and key performance indicators (KPIs). 9. Ensure health and safety rules are adhered to. 10. Be a source of motivation and positive influence for the team. 11. Promote a culture of autonomy and accountability. 12. Participate in the implementation of new IT systems (ERP). 13. Manage operational teams in WMS modules implementation.
1. Proven leadership in warehouse management, distribution logistics, and fleet management. 2. Proficiency in technical and IT aspects of distribution function. 3. Experience in managing transportation contracts, logistics, and outsourcing. 4. Experience in negotiating subcontracting contracts with external parties. 5. Passion for continuous improvement; experience in “lean six sigma manufacturing" preferred. 6. Entrepreneurial spirit and results-oriented mindset. 7. Ability to handle ambiguity and rapid changes. 8. Exceptional data analysis and quick problem-solving skills. 9. Proven project management skills. 10. Ability to anticipate future trends and convert them into concrete opportunities. 11. Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. 12. Excellent English, both oral and written. 13. Demonstrable experience in leading change and rallying teams around a vision. 14. University/college degree in related field.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
The ideal candidate brings a wealth of 10-15 years in distribution and logistics operations. Renowned for professionalism, you have managed distribution activities across multiple companies. You resonate with SME culture and are adept at finding solutions with limited resources. If you are an expert in fostering innovation, change, and continuous improvement, we invite you to join us on our mission.
Ideal candidate should embody our values:
1. Initiative/Rigour: Show professional ethics, deliver quality work on time and budget, be meticulous and accountable, with a strong results orientation. 2. Service: Proactively assist clients and partners. Emphasize openness, courtesy, respect, and prompt response. Exceptional customer service is paramount. 3. Innovation: Strive for excellence, suggest creative solutions, contribute to organizational evolution and process improvement. Every idea, big or small, can drive progress.
We offer competitive remuneration, a stimulating work environment, and opportunities for growth. Avron Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.